Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Blog a Day, Until I Die!

So I have not posted a blog in a long time, but things will soon change. I am going to attempt to blog everyday. This is mostly for myself, but if others enjoy it then great. It is just so hard to find the time to sit down and compose a blog. I spend a great deal of time deciding what say and then proofreading. When all this writing, checking and more checking is taking place my kids are free to destroy and rearrange my home. Decorating by toddlers is not really the look most my friends choose for their homes, but I rarely see kids as happy and fun loving as mine in their homes either. It's like a form of graffiti only using toys.

Yesterday lipstick was Janelle's medium of choice. By the time I finally realized she was into something she looked like an ump lumpa right out of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Since I don't really discipline my kids, I just try to explain the wrongs they do and tell them it is not acceptable. Does it work, no, but I don't think time outs work either. Kids just don't have the sense to stop and think, they live in the moment. Combine puppy's and kids and then you will realize where I have been.

A day or so ago I asked the girls to play outside while I ate my lunch. When I finally got outside I found a entire box of straws scattered across the lawn. I assumed it was Janelle who did the tossing, but after a visit from my neighbor a day or so later I was set straight. My neighbor Erin sat on her deck and watched the entire episode unfold. To her utter joy she watched Janelle carry the box of straws outside, drop them on the ground. Soon after Bella, my 6 month old pup trotted by and began to play with the box. As she fought with the box a colorful array of straws flew about the yard. As I sat inside eating my sub sandwich, my neighbor was treated to a great show. These are the things that happen when mommy is not looking!

But I have decided to just go with it, I love writing and writing only gets better the more we do it so I will write and the kiddos and puppy will play, destroy, and have a whole lotta fun while I do it. In the end it does not really matter, God is not going to ask about my clean house, my perfect gardens, or how polished my furniture is . He wants me to grow and I will no longer continue to ignore his whispering. I will write, write and write. I will follow this path and see where it goes, I hope you all will join me. Until tomorrow.....

No comments: